How do I get the most heat out of my Jotul 100 and keep it going.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaucho

Jan 26, 2014
Succasunna, NJ
I finished my install last year and finally I'm getting to use my Jotul 100 wood stove. I still haven't figured out which is the best way to generate the most heat from it. Do I get a good fire going then close the damper all the way, half way? Do I open the door, keep it closed. etc. I have purchased a mini fan that helps circulate the air in the room. Where is the best place to place the fan to move the air? By the chimney? on the floor? Any help would be appreciated.

When I was burning in the lil F100 sweetie of a stove I usually got it up to around 400-450 stove top temp and then eased primary air down to around 3/4 closed and let it cruise. Two hours later, rinse and repeat. I had it on a really tall lined chimney.

Went down to the basement office one morning and noticed that the stove wasn't stone cold. Unusual. When I opened the door the baffle was laying on some coals on the floor. I hadn't put it back in right when I cleaned the pipe and it fell on top of the wood load. ;em

Love that stove. Just wish is could hold more wood.

I do love the little stove and also wish it could hold a bit more wood, but its all my alcove installation could fit. Do you suggest I purchase some kind of stove top thermometer?

Im new myself so I by no means know anything lol but I do know a stove top thermometer is the best accessory you can get for your stove

I do love the little stove and also wish it could hold a bit more wood, but its all my alcove installation could fit. Do you suggest I purchase some kind of stove top thermometer?

Big fan of stove and chimney thermometers.

Status
Not open for further replies.