How do you temporarily seal-off a woodstove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phishfinder

Feb 9, 2010
Canada
Hello...new to the forum. :)

Live in a rental house with a woodstove /w insert in a fireplace. After trying to have the chimney cleaned we were told the system was unsafe... LL will be repairing in the spring but to get insurance on the house I need to seal er' up.... temporarily of course.

What is the quickest way to seal er' up temporarily. Keep in mind the insurance gods will need to be happy with it.

THanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Chastity belt for a stove. dunno, how about a note, notorized of course, saying that you promise to not use the stove. JK, welcome to the forum. Was the inspection part of the insurance proccess? how they gunna find out that the system is bad? just dont use it and no worries??????

Sounds to me like a problem that needs to be promptly dumped squarely into the landlord's lap. Rick (Yeah, I've been both tenant & landlord).

Call me skeptical . . . but a) it's an old post, b) this member has exactly two posts to his credit and c) this post seems like blatant advertising.

Yeah, Jake...we're watchin' him. Rick

fossil said:
Yeah, Jake...we're watchin' him. Rick

Man you Moderators are better than Batman . . . you don't even need a Bat signal. :)

PINEBURNER said:
Chastity belt for a stove.

Keyword Fireplace Insert. Chain and lock on the doors.

Stove caskets, go-carts, now stove bondage. :red: Next ?

Status
Not open for further replies.