How do you use wood heat in your home?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Which of the following describes your woodstove’s role in the heating of your house?

• A fire is lit mostly for ambience and enjoyment, not so much for heat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an old thread and not worth reviving, IMO. Heck, I started it and none of the choices I gave fit my situation any more!

Doesn't it just bug you when old threads, with outdated info, are revived?

Shari

precaud said:
Especially when a spammer is doing the reviving...

Yup.

Shari

Still fun to see some of those old names and Roospike's red stove.

I'm a 1. Last year my old LP furnace had to help out a little December thru February. If we could have been home a little bit more I think the Opel might have handled the job though. I have redesigned my duct work for the in-line blower, and I'm pretty confident that my results will be even better this year. Oh yeah, that drier wood might help a little bit also. :lol:

We, meaning us, use the stove when home. Thermostats stay at 60F, and the house is kept around 65-70F on our side of the house. My parents have an in-law above the garage which is fed from the boiler. I don't know what to do about this, maybe a pellet stove/insert some day but I'm not lugging to two.

Woodstove is usually the only heatsource. Trilevel plus 1/2 basement. Wood stove heat rises through the levels which are open to one another, but ground level office is isolated from rest of the ground level, so needs the gas stove. Basement has gas stove. Woodstove is on main portion of ground level.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.