How expensive is this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
I think thats about 2-1/2 cords. or 180 a cord!

If its loosely thrown in there its probably closer to 2 cords. Not sure of pricing in your area....whats a cord usually go for?

So, is that Firwood, Douglas Fir or Balsam Fir? A cord tossed is around 180 cu ft versus 128 cu ft for ranked.

I think thats about 2-1/2 cords. or 180 a cord!
Check the batteries in your calculator. 35 cu yds is 945 cu ft. Divide that by 180 gets you 5.25 cord.

Reactions: smokinj
Check the batteries in your calculator. 35 cu yds is 945 cu ft. Divide that by 180 gets you 5.25 cord.

Math not my strong suite....Guess thats why I said I think. Oh if your math right I will take one!

Ja, my truck is 33 cu.yds and I sell it as 5-6 cord . Depends on how high it's heaped.

That sounds more reasonable, theres way more than 2 cords there, you can tell just by looking.

cubic yard = 3*3*3 = 27 * 35 = 945 ~ 180 = 5.25 cords

How much you getting out of one?
Haven't sold a load in over a year. It makes more $cents$ to sell our polewood to power plants and scrag mills than to process it. A 7-8 cord load of dense hardwood poles is going for $1000-$1400 around here. Our gnarly and less dense woods like cherry and ash we're selling for $800-$950/load to homeowners for firewood.
Sold one processor last fall. The other is prolly going down the road this summer.
To the OP . Thats a decent deal.

I've never seen a 45yd dumpster before... could that be a 30 yarder?

Status
Not open for further replies.