How far back is the flue?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbkai

Nov 5, 2015
Ohio
My husband and I just bought a Pleasant Hearth wood stove model number WS 2417 1200 sq ft.
It is on back order and won't be available for two weeks. We are ready to put a hole in the roof and ceiling for the pipes. My question is, where is the flu situated on the top of the stove. Is it an inch from the back? More ? Less? We just need to know so that we can put the hole in the right place and get to work on the pipes without having to wait for the stove to arrive. Thanks!!!

My husband and I just bought a Pleasant Hearth wood stove model number WS 2417 1200 sq ft.
It is on back order and won't be available for two weeks. We are ready to put a hole in the roof and ceiling for the pipes. My question is, where is the flu situated on the top of the stove. Is it an inch from the back? More ? Less? We just need to know so that we can put the hole in the right place and get to work on the pipes without having to wait for the stove to arrive. Thanks!!!
Oops just realized flue is spelled with an "e"!. Hope my post is not contagious!

Fixed it. Welcome to the site.

I don't find this information in the manual or on their website. Without proper dimensions I would wait until I had the stove on site.

Reactions: bholler
I agree with begreen even with the dimensions i would still wait till the stove was there. That way you can place the stove make sure you like it there ect.

I'd wait until you have the stove. First you need to place the stove to meet the stoves clearance requirement, hearth requirement and chimney clearance requirement. When all that's done you'll be able to locate the chimney.

I'd wait until you have the stove. First you need to place the stove to meet the stoves clearance requirement, hearth requirement and chimney clearance requirement. When all that's done you'll be able to locate the chimney.
Thanks one and all, we are going to wait for the stove before we cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.