How fussy are England/Timberridge/Summerheat in regards to pellet "digestion"??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DRINKSFORALL

Jul 12, 2011
Eastern Ma.
;-)

Adult beverages served after thoughful, helpful and accurate replies are posted in response to initial inquire!!

Hello

Just a spoonful of Powdered Graphite in the hopper helps the bad pellets go down!
Bad wood pellets go down! mmmm In the most delightful way !!!!

AAhh now that Julie Andrews & Otis the drunk (Mayberry RFD fame) have chimed in are there any others w/ valuable input?? LOL!

Digestion problems you say?

images

Attachments

• 49-TRCPM.jpg
    49-TRCPM.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 393
We have several members burning anything from Stove Chow to Cubex. Once you get the hang of the stoves controller, You can adjust for any Premium grade pellet thats worth its salt.

I am sure some of the Englander owners will chime in with some watch out for brands! But the list will be pretty short IMHO.

IMO, the Englander brand stoves will burn pretty much anything, but I would seriously advise against Infernos and ACP.

As has been documented in this forum, I have burned ANYTHING that will burn in a pellet stove in my 10-CPM.

That said, please note that it's a multi-fuel stove, and is SUPPOSED to do that, but Jay T, Schoondog, and myself have burned some pretty unusual pellets in our machines without incident (but a LOT of ash at times).

Now, about that adult beverage.......

I`ve burned some awful pellets in my 25 PDVC with no problems but for excessive ash buildup and increased cleaning cycles .
As far as the burn itself I experienced no problems. My Harman P38 didn`t fare any better.
I`ll not buy Lignetics in the white bag with blue trim, again.

Gio said:
.....I`ll not buy Lignetics in the white bag with blue trim, again.
Gio, you're making me feel better & better about those 2 tons of GREEN label Ligs I got for $414 this summer. :)

OK wise guy. Send them the booze.

I got my beverage by PM, Somehow only about half arrived. I'll take it there is some type of a service charge? :) ;-)

Well done everyone..belly up to the bar and get your free rounds!! :cheese:

The only thing I've ever had trouble was with a bad batch of Greene Team that had many 3" pellets in it. When I complained to the company they admitted to letting a few bad batches out.

Otherwise my 25 PDVC seems to burn just about anything I've thrown at it, heat out and ash content not withstanding.

My 25 PDVC has had no issues burning anything, I've never had an auger jam, the fire pot has never extinguished itself, etc,etc...
The only bad thing with this stove and crappy pellets (Inferno, NEWP, ACP) is the amount of ash and the down time to clean the firepot.

Otherwise the stoves are pretty much unstoppable

P.S Dirty Martini or Very dry Manhattan please...

Status
Not open for further replies.