How I make kindling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of juggling I just use the books for kindling ..... I get all kinds of small scraps of wood from my family members that do wood working right now I probably have about a face cord of that plus about a cord of branches and sticks we pick up off the lawn so we can cut the grass.
With the boiler I just keep on adding wood and save a few hot coals so I only light a fire from scratch once or twice a week and then I use a torch to fire it up.

Backwoods - nice write up and clean operation. I gotta say that for me, I collect my kindling from sticks falling in the yard and from splitter scraps - I don't make kindling, just use stuff I have to clean up anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.