How i spent the last three days.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Rented a firewood processor ,four of us involved, my friend who owns a big company, paid for it, but all four of us worked three twelve hour plus days feeding it.
Plus you have to keep it from getting backlogged since it is a six way splitter. The dump truck seen in the background was filled to the top two the smaller dumps red 6 times. times and one of his drivers delivered it to our houses as it was filled. we each got a load and, I mean a load. Two of us own woodstoves and two have fireplaces ,but they're huge .I'ts all 100% white oak that was dumped off by a tree guy,who my friend traded with,ashphalt grindings for as much wood as we could handle nothing over two feet max that's all it will handle, just finished ,probably 40 hours total. But enough for many years. I also took all the crooked pieces that wouldn't feed easily, and only half a dump load, I'm set for a decade easily on wood.

Nice