How many so far ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We officially fired the XXV on the 12th. Burned less than 2 bags so far, just taking the chill out of the air. It's been in the low 60's during the day with low 40's overnight. Got about 3 tons of NEWP waiting to be cooked!

On my 6th

1 bucket of leftover Okies from Last year that were in the hopper when I cleaned the stove.
1 more bag of Okies because It was all I had on a cold night in the end of August.
Since then 4 bags of Premier's (Appalachian) from the ton that I picked up at TSC a few weeks ago.

The Premier's burn well but have about a medium ash and OK heat.
Heat wise if Okies are a 10 then these are about a 7. Perfect for a shoulder season lower cost pellet. :)

At least that's how they are burning in my stove.

---Nailer---

Around 45 w/stiff wind. Tee'd off our season today.
The stoves munching on the first 1/2 bag of leftover oak Penningtons.

Probably 15 or so bags.... Stove's been kicking on since mid Sept. It snowed last night.

4 so far. It would have been 3 but we had a birthday sleepover this week with 9- 9year olds.
Wife said to keep it warm.

About 1 and 1/16 bags burned so far. :coolsmile:

I lit my wood stove this morning for the first time this season and went through about 6 splits so kept the pellets off. I need to burn more of the wood and less of the pellets. Problem is I have to open the door near the wood stove because the temp was up to 88 and it is still at 84 in there.

pelletnubi said:

I lit my wood stove this morning for the first time this season and went through about 6 splits so kept the pellets off. I need to burn more of the wood and less of the pellets. Problem is I have to open the door near the wood stove because the temp was up to 88 and it is still at 84 in there.

Ahh yes... I used to love when it was -40C in the dead of winter, and everyone was in their shorts inside the house cuz the woodstove was blazing away....

NotMyJob said:
jamesdjs said:
Boy my wife must be the only one complaining shes cold.
At last count I have 10 empty bags by the garbage.

Same here, I just opened bag 11.

Ouch ! Dang I am at least on bag 10 or more...

havlat24 said:
pelletnubi said:

Ahh yes... I used to love when it was -40C in the dead of winter, and everyone was in their shorts inside the house cuz the woodstove was blazing away....

That's the problem with a wood stove, when it heats it stays hot for a long time. You can't just turn down the thermostat to shut it down like the pellet stove.

But I do like wearing shorts around the house when it's freezing out.

just dumped the rest of bag 4 in the hopper.gonna burn premier hardwood (appalacian) which i got at $198 per ton and then switch over to oakies once the temps start to dip.
ps. i may have mentioned this once or trice but i love my ENVIRO MERIDIAN.this is my 1st year with this stove after 5 years with a very servicable englander.thanks for the guidance JAY.

10 bags here. Started off a little early to drive the dampness out. Worked way better than my dehumidifier. Now running it because it is cold and my wife keeps reminding me of that. I like watching the flame. Not sure why, but I kind of enjoy the stove maintenance and monitoring the effectiveness of the heating capacity. So far, I have to say that my new addition of OAK was a real improvement to the stove's performance.

About 2 bags so far. Only using it to keep the house from getting too cold late in the evening and overnight. Therm is set for 73 right now. Last year I did 72, but apparently this year I'm a wus.

2 bags for me so far, I just brought in 4 bags and put them in the foyer closet. I wont start using a bag a day until end of November or there abouts...

Oh, and the added benefit is that I haven't turned on the electric heaters at all. Last year I was running them by now because I still was waiting for the stove to ship to me. Gotta love the low electric bill.

Gone threw 12 bags so far.It was 31 last night.Been doing some experimenting with other brands.Stove seems to burn them all very nicely.

well will be bag 3 here later and the first of the curran softwoods I just got yesterday am interested to see if they burn as good as the LG"S I had last year. been getting down into the 40's and 30's at night here we shut down at night just start up to take chill off and on weekends we run it to keep it cozy.Really hoping these currans work out good got 3 ton to burn....

last night was my first burn, though i wanted to a few days ago (but had problems). Days are still ok (65 out right now) but nights dip to the 30s. I burned on low from 930pm - 7am and used about 1/4 of a bag.

It's gotten colder here in the last week. Finally started to run through a little less than a bag a day. One bag was lasting me about 3 days when this thread started. And today it's snowing. Wouldn't you know. I have to drive out of town pretty soon, and it starts to snow this morning. Anyway, now I'm down to about the last 12 bags on my left over pallet from last year, so will be starting this year's supply in a couple of weeks. Still have nice low electric bills thanks to this stove.

16 Bags of NEWP's in 19 days, 1500 sq ft home, main area of house is at about 73 degrees. Only source of heat being used right now, the boiler is set at 55 just in case I leave for a few days, so its not running any heat, other than for hot water.

I have burned 28 bags. Colder than normal September, average October, normal November, but we are looking at an cold snap early next week, meaning highs in the upper teens, single digit lows.

48 bags, Wife likes it hot, room temp that is! I'll see her running to the furnace thermostat if the room temps gets below 74 F. I don't want to use oil so I have to keep the place very warm. I'm sitting in a room next to the room with the stove. The thermometer reads 82. Wife is wearing a sweater!!!! Her blood count is down. She had surgery 4 times this year. Hoping for a better year in 2011

Attachments

• thermometer.jpg
    thermometer.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 353
Status
Not open for further replies.