How many thermometers do you have?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianN

Feeling the Heat
Aug 30, 2012
Central BC
It was mentioned to me the other day, that along with my addiction to wood, and wood burning, I may have an addiction for thermometers (room thermometers).
At the moment, I only have 4 working thermometers in the house, and another 3 outside.
I told my wife that I would like more. I'd like to have one (accurate) one in each room that we regularly use. Just to see how the air flows, and to be able to move air to the rooms that need more heat, or cooling.
Right now, the four I have in the house, if you put them beside each other, they could be up to 5::C out from each other.
So? Any one else like me?

Hmmm prolly too many. There's 2 in the greenhouse, one on the rooftop weather station, a few in the house, a remote wireless one in the garage and one on the thermostat. Oh, and an IR thermometer, one on the stove and one in the flue. If I find more than a couple degrees difference I usually chuck the suspect thermometer. Even our old Sandhill is accurate within 5 degrees @500F.

I have a good wireless indoor/outdoor.....and an IR that is good for measuring EVERYTHING.

wow, some of you guys have them everywhere.
I have a weather station, for indoor and outdoor temps. A stove top and flue therm.
and the one on the thermostat itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.