How many years ahead are you (pls fill out the poll).

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

How many years ahead are you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted on 5+. Won't know for sure (until next year) when we get into the pine which comprises a good lot of our stacks right now, exactly how many years it is (plus this coming summer will be more insulating, maybe some window replacing, and a bit of work on a doorway and the tiny addition beyond it). I know we have (if it were all condensed) a pile a good 25' long, 6' high and 8' wide already CSS, plus 4 8' long, 8' high and 18" deep racks of (little 4-6") rounds that are full. Then there's another pile of rounds to be CSS that is about as big as the one that 25' long stack came from. That pile is more mixed, some pine, some maple, some willow, some birch, some I have no idea what it is. That's this coming spring's project. If someone wanted to trade us about 20 cords of wood for our truck, we'd be really ahead (we're not going to post that on CL, etc until spring-there's one local guy that just might do it, but we will need to make room for it before we even go there).

I put myself at two because I have enough for this winter, next winter, and the winter after that. That's c/s/s. Counting trees down on my property it's closer to 3-4 years ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.