How much does the Drolet Austral weigh w/o bricks, door?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RickBlaine

Burning Hunk
Jan 12, 2014
Chicago
Hello fellow wood burning enthusiasts!

Was wondering about moving logistics...Do you know how much a Drolet Austral (large firebox wood stove) would weigh if I removed the door, and all fire bricks inside? Trying to figure out moving it from the driveway, up a few stairs, and over to the existing masonry fireplace.

I have not ordered it yet (Menards has it on sale for $649.99 !) and am just asking for the best way to get it inside using friends, handtruck, prayer, etc....

Thank you!

(rough estimates are fine)

Thank you sir!. I shall send him a private message now and report back....

This sounds strange (or maybe I have not found it yet) but there are no tutorials/videos on how to move the stove. I mean, I don't know which part of the stove is off limits to lift from, and which is OK....Years ago I was told to never tip over a refrigerator more than 45 degrees- something to do with the oil in the compressor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.