How much have you burned and will you have enough Pellets???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About a ton and NEVER enough pellets on hand. ==c

I'll guess about 80 bags. We buy our pellets weekly (nowhere to store more than maybe 18-20 bags at a time) so I don't have a winter stash to count. We used 1 bag a day for November and most of December. Finally kicked it up to medium on Christmas. 1.5 bags a day now? Plus about 20% of 200 gallons of propane since the beginning of December. >.<

about 65 bags..... always a year in advance stashed at least. :p

Gone through about 1 ton of the CleanFire Pacifics so far.

75-85 bags so far. Gotta pick up a ton this weekend. Think I'm gonna give Fireside Ultras a shot. Got a coupon, so $188 fits the post-Xmas budget quite well.

70 something bags Lowes, ($209)Green Supreme as of today. 40 left.
Cumberland MF-3800, has been on since Mid Oct.only source of heat, low 70's in main living room. mid 60's in bedrooms.
Heating @ 1300SqFt of one story ranch. Stove setting usually 4-1 no more than 4-2.

Just short of 2 ton,... burned no oil,.. no wood,.... just pellets,... sitting on 5 ton of Somersets,.. a half of ton of Powerhouse,.. 10 bags of Stove Chow,.. and 10 bags of GS,... thinking I'll make it. .

40 bags burned up. I have 60 bags left. I think I am going to be short. :p

I have noticed a lot of pellets bags outside of Lowes and Home Depot. I am thinking they over stocked and the price may drop. :cool:

See my sig.....plenty on hand.

Started out with 4 tons of Uncle Jed's. I've used approximately 1.7 to 1.8 tons so far of the Jed's. Figured I might run short, so I stopped into my local Menard's today and picked up a ton of Somersets for $175.00. If had more room, I'd have several more tons of those Somersets. Luckily, Menard's is about 6 miles away from me as the crow flies.

Edit: FYI - I found out while at Menard's, they pay $3.00 no holla a bag for Somersets.

I don't count and don't care. Started the season with and estimate of six tons and expect to have 2-2.5 left the first week in May, including what I might add in between.
BURN BABY BURNNNNNN...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Danny Cathcart
man. i wish we had menards here. those prices are insane.

1 ton in and 1.3 ton left. It won't be enough so I'm trying to find a ton of good stuff locally that I can pick up in a couple of trips with the SUV and not have to pay a lot for gas or delivery.

Something like this would be sweet! ;)

so I stopped into my local Menard's today and picked up a ton of Somersets for $175.00.

I keep hearing about this place. I want to check one out!

All 3 around me carry Somersets also and are $200/ton normally, and $175/ton several times a year (Sale price of $3.49 a bag, or $174.50 to be exact)

Reactions: mepellet
I don't count and don't care. Started the season with and estimate of six tons and expect to have 2-2.5 left the first week in May, including what I might add in between.
BURN BABY BURNNNNNN...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You ain't right! I like you! :)

Well, as I do at the end/start of each month I took an inventory to see how many bags of pellets I burned for the month. For December it was 53 total bags or 1.71 bags per day. That brings the yearly (Oct., Nov., & Dec.) up to 124 bags or .68 per day. This leaves me with 229 bags. The question is will that be enough to get through the remaining four/five months of the heating season (Jan., Feb., March, April and at least part of May), which would be 151 days (if you count all of May). I would say it should be as I am estimating about 55 bags each for Jan., Feb., and March, and if that holds it would leave me with 61 bags for April and at least part of May. Usually by then I am not burning 24/7 or on high. Of course I will not tell the wife this so I can pick up a few bags here and there to test out. ;) What have you all burned so far and will your stash be enough;?

For both my stoves, a total of 43 bags thus far.

Darn. I have no idea. Next year I'm going to start keeping track. I've probably burned a couple of tons so far.

93 bags so far. First 54 were the blend, been burnin' softwood since 12/9/12

Guessing we burned almost 2 tons so we should have 2 left. Seems like it's going to be a cold winter so I bet we might be a ton short. We only use the furnace when we clean the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.