How NOT to DIY...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooserider

Mod Emeritus
Nov 20, 2006
Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
Pretty funny stuff...

The REAL reason women live longer than men is because MOST men are married to WOMEN!
The reason men die first is because they WANT to!

I saw these guys at the local Mcdonalds a couple years ago. I had to go back and take pictures.
3.jpg

scarymcladder1.jpg

scarrymcladder2.jpg

Lol. As Homer Simpson would say, "time to safen up!".

I especially like the guy holding the base of the ladder and the other one keeping an eye out for runaway vehicles.

Was this taken before or after Mo, Larry, and Curly went in for a Happy Meal?

What the picture doesn't show are the two 2x6s that the ladder's feet are sitting on.

Looks like the feet are just sitting on the turf. Maybe thats why its a little crooked...only put boards under one set of legs.

To be fair, I did almost the exact same thing a few years ago when i had to stain the inside of the peak of my prow on my house. Scaffold only went up 3 levels and I needed it to go about 5 so out came the Little Giant. However, when I put it up there I actually doubled up on the 2x10 planks and set the ladder so it straddled the planks on the lowest rung of the ladder...then I strapped it down to the scaffold frame on both sides. Then i banned anyone from walking on the deck r even slamming a door until I was done cause that sucker was HIGH. 26 feet to the deck surface, another 12 feet to the ground, another 8 feet to the driveway puts me at close to a 50' drop if I looked down at the right angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.