How often to lube the drive sprocket?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay H

Nov 20, 2006
NJ
I figure over the 2 years of ownership of my Husky 359, I've cut like 4 cords so far, I don't use it much anytime other than my spring bucking but I think it's about time for some maintenance. Husky manual says weekly on the drive socket lube with the grease gun and supplied grease. I cleaned out my air filter just now while I'm between bucking and just cleaned up the area under the bar cover but I've never lubed the drive sprocket yet and wonder about the frequency among others here..

I've read (on this forum) about the bar nose lube, whether I should lube often or never and both point of views... Is the drive sprocket similar?

Jay

It's been said to do it about every or every other tankful. Think it would also depend on how much you over heat the bar and such.............

Status
Not open for further replies.