How sweet it is

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loco Gringo

Feeling the Heat
Jan 17, 2011
Western North Carolina
When you go see a friend and there is a large oak laying by the river just up the road from him. Said its been sitting there for a month too. Ill get the other half this week. Largest log is 19 inches, smallest is 11 inches. The others Ill have to split in order to lift them.

Attachments

• 100_0421.jpg
    100_0421.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 403
  • 100_0422.jpg
    100_0422.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 391
Loco Gringo, nice score on the oak. About two years ago I was in the Raleigh area for about 14 days, they had some big ass oaks.

zap

Nothing beats a free load (or two) of wood - especially if it's good solid oak!

Sweet lookin Oak and the price was right.........................

You can't go wrong with that score :)

That's one good score for sure.

Backwoods Savage said:
Dennis, I know that we had an agreement to stay out of each others threads. But it seems that maybe you are the better man. Reading your replies, there's no denying that we have the same line of thought when it comes to self reliance, wood cutting and storing techniques, and our conservative ways of living (I too turn the water off to wash in the shower). So with all that said, my handshake is extended as a gentleman.....

Thank you Loco. Even though we had a slight disagreement (it really was slight) I've read your posts and have no problem. As gentlemen, I too extend my hand to you. May the future bring much happiness to both of us. You are correct in that we have much in common.

Loco Gringo said:
Backwoods Savage said:
Dennis, I know that we had an agreement to stay out of each others threads. But it seems that maybe you are the better man. Reading your replies, there's no denying that we have the same line of thought when it comes to self reliance, wood cutting and storing techniques, and our conservative ways of living (I too turn the water off to wash in the shower). So with all that said, my handshake is extended as a gentleman.....

Nice to see a couple of good men - if only all of us behaved as well. Cheers!

You are correct NH. It was a small thing but sometimes small things get snowballed. There are no hard feelings at all on this little matter and it was a true sign of his character to post what he did.

NH_Wood said:
Loco Gringo said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Nice to see a couple of good men - if only all of us behaved as well. Cheers!
Much thanks NH. "If only". If only the rest of society worked together as hearth.com does, how much better the world would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.