How to install insert stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRAINGUY

Jun 19, 2008
South east, MA

I just ordered an Englander pellet insert stove. I plan on installing it myself. In the installation information on their website they show what looks like a flex pipe going from the back of the stove and up the chimney just past the damper. Is this correct or do I have to extend it to the top of the chimney? Also how do you run the air intake to the back of the stove without interfering with the draft? It obviously has to come down the chimney ( I have plenty of room in the 10” flue). Since the insert stove is sealed to the face of the fireplace I believe I should be able to down flow without fumes into room. Is that correct & legal?

I have installed lots of things including wood stoves over the years but never a pellet stove and never in highly regulated Massachusetts. I appreciate any assistance anyone can give me. Thanks for any help I can get.

You can go to the Simpson Duravent website here and down the page select the Installation Instructions (.pdf) and you may find a lot of good information there. It helped me quite a bit to understand what I was getting myself into and it's much easier than I thought.

Hope this helps.

Steve

check also the post you made in that other thread i replied there.

EDIT: maybe a moderator could move that post to this thread i didnt see this one til i had posted but it concerns this thread and not really the other

Status
Not open for further replies.