How to remove fire brick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Welderman85

Feeling the Heat
Nov 1, 2017
Chesaning MI
Whats the best way to remove stuck bricks
There I
Wedged in there good and I don't want to break anymore of the. It's a little avalon pedelton

Whats the best way to remove stuck bricks
There I
Wedged in there good and I don't want to break anymore of the. It's a little avalon pedelton
If it is a used stove the gaps will be packed with Ash. There usually is no way to avoid breaking some.

Lol i broke one got mad broke two more then gave up. Some are smaller can you cut bigger bricks down or should I order the smaller one

Lol i broke one got mad broke two more then gave up. Some are smaller can you cut bigger bricks down or should I order the smaller one
Yes you can cut to fit. Make sure you get the right type of firebrick for your stove some take standard brick. Others take pumice brick

Yes you can cut to fit. Make sure you get the right type of firebrick for your stove some take standard brick. Others take pumice brick

The one on the left my local sove sold me but the bottom of the ones I pulled out are reddish. If I replaced all of them with the new one am I good

Attachments

• 15736864037926346742427933959309.jpg
    15736864037926346742427933959309.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 74
The one on the left my local sove sold me but the bottom of the ones I pulled out are reddish. If I replaced all of them with the new one am I good
I don't know. What type of fire brick is speced for the stove