How to remove furnace firebrick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Corey743

Aug 1, 2018
United states
I have a harman spiral flame dual fuel sf2500. Can anyone tell me how to remove the firebrick so that I can replace a few broken ones. I know I have to get the ones out of the front and back first. How do I do that without breaking them

Can't address your specific Harman, but had the same issue with our wood stove. Fine ash packs very tight between the bricks, and the only option I had was to break up the bricks and remove piece by piece. Once a row of bricks was removed, it was possible to remove many adjacent bricks without breaking them. But, I ended up replacing nearly all of the bricks due to visible wear on bricks that weren't cracked, and I reused only a few of the old bricks. Good luck.