How to silence convection blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Darkwing

Oct 11, 2018
New Jersey
Hello...
I have the tractor surprise US Stove KP130 which is actually a 5502m stove and got the third day without any flaws...
Heat range 1 on auto and all is working as it should...even not used up the second bag yet, so i am happy with the heat output vs pellet usage
BUT...the convection blower...even on heat range 1 which is the lowest...this bugger is present...no way to ignore while watching TV in same room (we placed it in living room)
Are their ways to silence that somehow? better blowers? Insulation mats around motor etc.?
It does not sound broken, but loud...
Any tips are highly appreciated

have you checked the bolts to see if their tight? I got rid of the fiberglass gasket on mine and used high heat silicone and it has taken out some of th vibration noise

And you got some noise reduction by that?
Will def take a look...

Acts as a rubber isolator.. down fall is your stove needs to be off long enough for it to set up.. it's not a huge difference but I noticed a difference

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

They have rubber gaskets avalable that help.

Reactions: Mt Bob
Who would you consider as "they" in this sentence?

Pretty much any pellet stove parts vendor. Google pellet stove convection blower gasket.