How to use this fuel?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tnc110

Oct 9, 2013
I have an unlimited supply of pine chips. It is ground pine logs that is free of dirt, but rather coarse. Is there a stove that could use this material.

IMG_20130928_113428_814_zps25681f0d.jpg

I have a relative with a sawdust furnace(wood/oil combo converted) which uses a auger system(finland made) to feed it. You might have to grind your chips into sawdust. Moisture would have to be very low.

I think its worth more to the Co gen plants and paper mills than its worth trying to find a furnace that would burn them. Plus drying them to be burnt is a fairly labor intensive process. They'd have to be turned often to prevent composting. Some sort of tumbler with airflow going through it would work, but we're getting into more machinery and cost.

I have an unlimited supply of pine chips. It is ground pine logs that is free of dirt, but rather coarse. Is there a stove that could use this material.
There are chip boilers i do not know anything about them but Marc is a regular here and he sells them. His web sit is http://www.hydro-to-heat-convertor.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.