howdy folks.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

angrybeaver

Mar 16, 2012
Lewisburg, West Virginia
I will probably be posting in this thread more than any so I figured I would introduce myself here. I cut with one of the members here who talks about this forum often so I figured I would join. I mostly chainsaw mill and am just now getting into chainsaw carving. My name is Scott, and I look foreward to talking with everybody..

Hi Scott . . . welcome to the AA for wood burners . . . although unlike AA we may not be able to help you with the addiction and may make things worse. :) ;)

Reactions: Dairyman
Yeah, the AA equivalent to this forum would be telling you "Wow, you sure were drunk last night. Nice job, and let's see if you can get even more wasted tonight."

Welcome to the site!

Lot of good folks around here. Moved your thread over to the inglenook where non-wood or burning specific type posts fit best.

Do you burn yourself for heat? Or mostly play w/ the wood for lumber and carving?

pen

I have a pellet stove personally. But I cut quite a bit of firewood with my buddy, "steeltowninwv". My main wood use is for woodturning blanks and milled lumber for furniture making. I am just starting to carve bears etc with a chainsaw. Still got a lot of learning to do there tho.

Angry. Welcome. Hope to see some pics of your work. Uploading pictures is easier than you would think. We like pics! What do you use for a pellet burner?

Hello Angrybeaver I hope your hearth AA goes well and we return you to the primal state of firewood burning imbedded in all humans :D !

Pete

Welcome to the Hearth, angrybeaver. I see you run Stihl saws, so you must be an all-right guy!!

angry beaver.jpg Better watch out. Gamma doesn't like angry beavers.

Welcome to the Forums.....

Would love to see pics of some of your work. Steeltown has posted Lots of nice pics... We love pics..

Also, dont be shy and stop into the Pellet Mill and chat. (Love pics there too)

Thanks everyone for the welcome!
@ Gasifier I have a quadrafire classic bay 1200.. its a nice little stove that so far has served me well..

"Angrybeaver" I like that name ,Sounds like a pet name for the wifey at times

Thanks everyone for the welcome!
@ Gasifier I have a quadrafire classic bay 1200.. its a nice little stove that so far has served me well..

The CB 1200 is a good stove. Had mine for several seasons now. Looking to replace it with a different model this yr. I want a stove that does High/Low and not just On/Off on a stat. High low is the setting you set it for when the stat calls for heat and low is like a pilot/maintenance burn. Saves wear and tear on ignitor, saves the stove from cycling all day, and keeps a more even temp throughout the house.

Nothing wrong with the stove. Just want more options and a stove that has more room for user input (I like to tinker). Added a Pellet furnace in the basement and a wood stove last Fall. So the Quad seen limited action this year. But the couple years before that, it was just the Quad and I ran it 24/7 in the coldest months and on the stat in the shoulder seasons.

Would love to see some photos of all your set-ups.

Here is a pic of my Quad. Glass is a little dirty. But the Sunburst really helps keep the glass cleaner longer. Ash kinda builds up behind it. Stops a lot of it from even getting close to the glass.
thermocoupleandsun.jpg

Welcome to the big show, Angry Beaver. We like LOTS of pics.

And Kath - I kinda like "The Brain" av he has now. That show cracks me up. NOORK.

Status
Not open for further replies.