How's my flue?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I wonder what my burn times would be then! I have a tall chimney.

I asked this before but no one answered, when measuring a chimney flue I assume you measure the entire chimney, correct? not from the thimble up..
Stove collar to cap is how I understand it

Then there should be no issue. I would break out those old liners and drop an insulated liner there would be no problem hooking up the tee

You think they could get the liner in without removing outside bricks? I really don't want that.

Also, how do you yourself typically break up a clay liner? I'm always looking to save a buck when it comes to work around the house.

I'm probably looking at maybe around 16-18 feet then, I'll try to measure today.
I'm at 15 and seems I will get the burn times they advertise.

You think they could get the liner in without removing outside bricks? I really don't want that.
Also, how do you yourself typically break up a clay liner? I'm always looking to save a buck when it comes to work around the house.
Yeah doubt you would need to take out any bricks. We break out tiles with a tile breaker steel rods and a 1/2" drill

Status
Not open for further replies.