How's Your Tonnage??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shooter

Feb 17, 2008
Michigan
How many tons of pellets do you have stored up so far for this coming cold season? Here in the northern lower peninsula of Michigan we have to scrounge a bit for a ton and hopefully by the end of this month we'll have at least 2 tons in the garage.

How's your tonnage?

3 Tons in the garage...don't care about the oil...I'll top off the tank if the prices go lower...and lower...only plan on using it for hot water anyway...

G'mornin Shooter.

I've got 3 1/2 tons consisting of 3 tons of Cleanfire
and a half ton of the New England Wood Pellet.
Also a half tank of oil as a backup just in case.

3 tons of Barefoot here and a full tank of fuel oil. Water heater is electric. We're only heating half of the house with the pellet stove and the other half with oil. I can't wait to see how much we're going to save this year!

Steve

4 tons here 3 tons new england,1 ton mix, heat the entire house hot air,gas for water heater.

2 tons here so far and should be picking up another ton this week. I am going to sit there for now unless I get a good deal on a 4th ton. This is our first year using primarily pellets for heating so I am not sure what to expect. I do have about 3 cords of wood and will be burning that some also.

My storage area on the back of my house has a space alloted in it that will hold 4 ton snuggly and 3 ton easily. I am hoping that 3 will get me through most of the season but only time will tell. This sounds sick but I can't wait for cold weather to get here!

4 ton total here.
3 1/2 ton NEWP Green Supreme, 1/2 ton of mixed.

6 tons stashed in the shed. I went a little overboard. Better too much than not enough. I bought in June/July and paid on average about $235/ ton. Also got 500 gallons of hho in the tank left from last year. I'm ready to rumble!!!!!

2 tons of Fire Side Premium Ultras but my stove will not be installed until 1/6/09. I also have a few bags of the Pennington's to see how they burn. Heating the house by forced hot air gas so savings will not be as great as if I used oil but there should be a little!

3.2 ton of Somerset in the basement and 350 gal LP in the tank. May get 1 more ton before long. Not used any yet, warm fall, looking at 85 deg :coolsmile: today and 60 tonight.

4 tons of Barefoot, full tank of oil.

3 tons of nature's heat and 10 bags of shelled stove corn,full tank of oil also 8500 watt generator in case it all goes to hades

1 Ton of Fireside Ultra
2 Tons of Dry Creek
2 Tons of Lignetics

I know I went overboard but I prefer to have too much thantoo little. I have 230 gallons of Heating Oil for hot water only

4 tons to be delivered this week from Northeast Pellets, Llc of Ashland Maine. (Around $300/ton delivered)
1/2 tank of oil for hot water and maaaaaby a little heat for basement.
Will have another 100 gals of oil delivered soon. Currently $3.35/gal.
So far am loving the heat from the stove and the silence from the oil furnace!!

I have 4 1/2 ton

1/2 ton left over from last year

and bought 4 ton.

Derrick

3 tons of NEWP, 1 ton Lignetics hardwood, 1 ton Lignetics softwood, and 1 more ton of Lignetics coming this month or beginning of Nov., so I'll have 6 tons total. Hope I don't need it all, and can save some for next winter.

Also have 500 Gal of VERY EXPENSIVE fuel oil in the tank that I hope I use VERY little of.

Heating 2000 Sq. ft of a 2700 Sq. ft log home

8 Tons purchased at $235/Ton.

xpellet freakx said:
8500 watt generator in case it all goes to haiti's
Haiti's??? The island nation in the Carribean? Don't need heat there LOL. I'm sure you mean Hades, where the dude with the pichfork lives with the fire and brimstone, of course no extra heat needed there either ;)

Just kidding.
5 tons New England, 5bags of Hamers to try and 7 cord of wood just in case

4 tons of Cleanfire pellets stacked in garage. Minus the two bags I have used so far this year. I buy early from Pelletsales.com and they have always provided good service and OK prices.

nawie

14 ton purchased back in March at $199.00 per ton. Plan on using 10 ~ 11 ton per year for Heat and DHW using the PB 105.

Three tons of LG Granules (softwood from Canada). Heating water and lower level with oil, sparingly.

4 tons of greene team. I am happy with the way they are burning. I also bought a bag of Freedom Fuel from Home Depot. I don't like the way it burns and won't buy any more. I didn't realize until I started using it that it was pine.

Status
Not open for further replies.