Hudson River Stove Electrical Issues?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kdjsc

Feb 18, 2017
NY
Have had the Hudson River Saranac pellet stove for about 3 weeks now. Replaced the auger motor 2 weeks ago. Had a pellet stove repair person come in to clean and thoroughly check it over.

Today I put it on #3 as I was rather chilly. About an hour later the flame was super low and noticed the auger motor wasn't turning. Both fans were running though.

I then hooked another auger motor up to it and that didn't work either.

Pellet stove guy had me bypass the snap switch - nothing but the 2 fans turned on. Left that bypassed and then bypassed the vac switch like he suggested and still nothing from the auger motor or ignitor. By bypassed I mean the snap disk wires I taped together with electrical tape. The vac switch I used a wire from one clip to the other clip.

So I have an auger that isn't jammed as it turns freely - we tested it and it's not getting any juice so to speak.

Ordered a control board but it won't be here most likely til Thursday.

Anything else I can try to see if it's something else? It's my only source for heat at the moment besides space heaters I have rounded up.

I got it going! Apparently the professional I was working with didn't realize I had a manual reset button for the high temp snap disk. I hit that and auger started right up. :)

Nice that you caught it ... before you spent a chunk of change on parts you didn't need;)