hudson river

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mkvrgti

Mar 21, 2012
gray,maine
looking at buying a hudson river pellet stove for my basement are these stove a half decent stove? i am looking at the kinderhook. it caught my eye with the 130lb hopper.

also the book i got on them at the dealer says its a 59000 btu but on there website is says its a 49000. also how long has enviro been making these stoves?

The Kinderhook has only been made by Enviro. I don't think anyone one here has one but if that model was out when I bought mine I would have gone with it....

looking at buying a hudson river pellet stove for my basement are these stove a half decent stove? i am looking at the kinderhook. it caught my eye with the 130lb hopper.
The Kinderhook is made in Canada, and is a good stove. Hudson River makes West Point and does have a lot a positive remarks for it. I have had many of run ins with Hudson River, Not good!!

so good or not good? you say both.

The Kinderhook is made in Canada, and is a good stove

The early model Hudson River stoves seem to have had more than the average amount of problems...including mine....however my stove now runs great....the key was having a good dealer and this forum to help make it right...now my stove runs great.

Enviro has a good reputation. The Hudson River Davenport is made by them and has received good reviews. Bases on Enviro history I would bet the Kinderhook would be a good stove. Most important would be how good is the dealer...

Hello

I recently aquired a Hudson River West Point.
When they were new they just did not have all the bugs out! They do have upgrades now.

I got the stove with the upgraded burn pot where the back was bent back to a 45 Deg angle so no pellets fall behind the burn pot and the bottom allows more air so it will burn on heat setting 5. Also put graphite impregnated gasket around outside of burn pot so all air must go thru burn pot. Also sealed hopper chute bolt flange inside stove with silicon so no air gets into the hopper causing a hopper fire. Then upgraded control board to the new redesigned board made by the company that makes Enviro control boards. No blowing fuses and heat levels work great! Also had to get damper for air intake so it would burn on heat setting 1.
So now it runs like a charm. It is a good stove after getting a few bugs out!

The Hudson River Kenderhook is even better because it has a much larger ash pan and the Enviro burn pot!

Hi Don-
Any advice for me? We have a West Point. Bought it new 5 years ago but we never installed it until last year. Ran well for awhile but presently it blows fuses out of the control panel constantly. Any thoughts?

Hi Don-
Any advice for me? We have a West Point. Bought it new 5 years ago but we never installed it until last year. Ran well for awhile but presently it blows fuses out of the control panel constantly. Any thoughts?
I would start by checking the blowers, auger motor, snap disks, ignitor one at a time. Most of the time when the stove is plugged in, one of the blowers does turn when power is restored and if there is any resistance the fuse will blow.

Thanks.....we have a new igniter coming, we have manually checked both the convection and combustion blower turning them manually, the seem ok...we'll see. Thanks for posting, we need all the help we can get. Great stove....throws some serious heat when it works right.

Status
Not open for further replies.