Humidifier/teapot on Jotul F600

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ved0303

Nov 23, 2018
Iowa
Does anyone use a humidifier or teapot on their plain black F600? It doesn’t have a cooktop, per se, like some of the other Jotul models. There is an oval on top that looks like it could be a cooktop. The manual doesn’t specify. I just don’t want to do damage to the top by putting a teapot or humidifier on there. Has anyone done this or know if it’s okay to do?

Attachments

• Humidifier/teapot on Jotul F600
    FC3A0C7F-78E5-4E96-A155-AF06F878CC04.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 146
It's ok, just be mindful of spillovers from boiling.

What he said. My buddy has that stove and a cast iron pot has been on it for years.

In general, the worst thing that is going to happen to a painted stove is that it gets scratched and/or rusty on top. Five minutes with a wire brush and a can of stove paint will have it good as new if that happens.

I have an F500 Oslo, plain black. I have a 2 gallon steel stew pot on top and I boil out 2 gallons of water a day. Been using it for years no problems. Sometimes some water spills, no problem it dries up pretty quick.

Last edited:
Reactions: steven90
We have a humidifier pot on top of the Oslo.

I have been neglectful in keeping it full. Truthfully, while it does put some humidity into the air, I suspect that the plug in humidifier in the same room does a better job.

As for damage . . . unless water spills over there should be no damage. Damage could include surface rust and mineral deposits.

I was wandering myself today about a teapot, I drink alot of hot tea every day might aswell use the stove to boil it rather than using electric
Get an enameled pot. I've been running water through a Cast iron pot for weeks trying to get it to season.