Hunting rats with a mink and dog

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Very nice video, reminds rabbit hunting with ferrets as is (was) done here. Beautiful little animals, but quite hard to train properly!

Amazing teamwork between the mink and dog. We have wild mink locally. Good to know more about them.

I thought it was very interesting. I know nothing of mink.

I'd love to buy a dozen from a place that raises them for fur and release them at my house. LOL

Seeing rats makes me dislike them automatically, but by the end of the video, I kind of felt bad for them. They got slaughtered.

I stumbled on this deep in the bowels of "i work from home and watch youtube at lunchtime in my boxers".

This guy trains mink and his dog to exterminate rats. Clearly a guy that loves his animals and is pretty great at training them.

This guy has a bunch of videos on YouTube. I wasted at least an hour watching them because it was so entertaining. They killed over 60 of them at a feedlot on one video.

We had a breif rat infestation in the compost bins. We changed our habits with the compost, and they started coming to the bird feeders. I just sat inside an open window near the feeders, and the Daisy with pellets got five, one young one was got by Victor. There was one more I knew of, but I think it headed for greener pastures when it's family all disappeared.