Hunting up north

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
loon said:
DSC08597.jpg

Where do you live? I love the view!

cptoneleg said:
loon said:
~*~vvv~*~ said:
vvv= hope u didnt kill itjust 4thefkofit

HUH????

in fact let me correct myself... do you eat 'ANY' kind of meat vvv???

just wondering why you would put that statement up on the board???

loon

vvv formerly known as blimp doesn't aprove of anything anyone does. not sure what it is. Nice Buck
thank you. I was down in west Va in the spring. Maybe Mingo county..??

had to come home for a couple days but we are having a good time for sure :)

another fella got this one...

DSC08606.jpg

and here's my 6 point...

DSC08611.jpg

Terry

Those are some good looking bucks. We had a day I would consider just about perfect on Saturday, high of about 37, lows in the mid 20s and I saw one doe.

been pretty cold here steve but supposed to warm up..

December muzz hunt is looking like a hoot though :)

wood spliter said:
Nice bucks Loon. You guys see any Bear?

thanks spliter and yes there are alot of them around, we have a bunch of pics on trail cams that i will put up next week when i get them e-mailed to me ;-)

i also had the biggest deer seen on one of the cameras up at the camp "BUT" i somehow deleted it?? :shut:

the computer we leave up there will be coming home with me sunday and will take it in and see if a comp guy can find it ??

loon

this fella has been hanging around the camp since last year spliter ;-P

still havent got the other pics yet..

Terry

bear.jpg

we did bear hunt a few years back but not anymore,but maybe we should? :cheese:

SUNP0324.jpg

seen a few of these during the deer hunt..

PRMS0035.jpg

and this isnt the big lad i 'had' on film which come to find out is lost forever :roll:

PRMS0023.jpg

and the guy on the right is some yahoo trying to figure out his camera :-/ ;-P

PRMS0005.jpg

loon

thanks eh.. we are having fun with them for sure :)

here is the same camera from the first picture with the infared feature,we didnt reset the date/time though,when moved..

SUNP0026.jpg

A 400 hundred pound bear was seen less than two miles from where we hunt. I personally have no desire to kill one, but a friend with a farm nearby lost a sheep last week, probably to a bear. I might have to consider it now if I see one.

loon said:
thanks eh.. we are having fun with them for sure :)

here is the same camera from the first picture with the infared feature,we didnt reset the date/time though,when moved..

SUNP0026.jpg

Thats a great pic. I've never seen a moose. You guy See them on the hoof

ShenValSteve said:
A 400 hundred pound bear was seen less than two miles from where we hunt. I personally have no desire to kill one, but a friend with a farm nearby lost a sheep last week, probably to a bear. I might have to consider it now if I see one.

thats a big bear steve! we have had the odd one around the house and i wouldnt hesitate to get rid of them, as there are kids playing in the woods and if there is a cub around. you never know what could happen :sick:

yes we do spliter but they dont give out many tags in our region?
we were hunting calves a few weeks ago and me and a buddy were taking a break at the bikes when a bull walked out to us :cheese: very cool to watch but no tags...
the same guy had a cow and calf walk out to him last week during the deer hunt :p

PRMS0028.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.