Huskee 22-ton price heads up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, FYI, I bought the 22 Ariens at Home Depot a few days ago. It's $1199, but I gave them a 25% Harbor Frieght coupon which dropped it down to 899, comes with cradels and hydro oil, ready to go. ;)

Thanks, please do so I can write it on my booklet and store it away... Good to know

I've split roughly 25-30 cords over the last 3 years and only added maybe a quart. Keep the filter changed and keep an eye on it that it looks clear still. I have heard some say their's has turned milky but I have not seen that. I keep mine stored inside that may make a difference and I have seen that it will seep out the breather hole if you drag it around a lot. I am always interested to see others experience with this. By the way NAPA has a cross ref. filter as well as a few others. I'll have to look at the # again if you need it.

Milky is indicative of water in the fluid. It should be changed if that happens.

Reactions: TreePointer
Thanks for the tip, I will keep my nut tight, I can see how water could trickle in if it is left in the rain and that nut isn't tight...

Oh, FYI, I bought the 22 Ariens at Home Depot a few days ago. It's $1199, but I gave them a 25% Harbor Frieght coupon which dropped it down to 899, comes with cradels and hydro oil, ready to go. ;)
That's an awesome deal. I got a Harbor Freight catalog the other day. I've got to check if the coupon is in there. That Ariens looked good at HD. The cradles were not the usual Chinese soft steel kind. Overall I think that may be a better buy than the Huskee 22 ton.

$100 dollar difference if you have the coupon and they honor it. You certainly did your homework. Me being new to this took the advice of the many guys on here that have the Huskee, I put it together last night and felt that I now have a quality product well worth what I spent. The I-beam is solid....enjoy it, I know I will......

The 22 went through every ugly beech pieces that I sent through it..... I'm glad I went this way.

Reactions: Locust Post
Thanks bud, after a few little kinks, this beast is running just fine, the I-beam is a monster and its going through everything that I am giving it, so I can't be any happier. I would be just another that would highly recommend this unit. Usually I say you get what you pay for, but I'm actually thinking that this is a better deal than that....

Buy a cover if its going to live outdoors.It will keep the water out. Just make sure to let it cool down after use so the cover doesn't melt.

Status
Not open for further replies.