Huskee 22 ton splitter cylinder needed..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

LTreadwell

Nov 22, 2019
GA
Our heavily used Huskee splitter Model 10-32822 has a leaking cylinder that we want to replace - we just can't find a replacement part. We got connected to a company that sells "genuine" replacement parts, but they wanted over $400 for the part. Does anyone know where I can get something to replace this cylinder for around $200-$250? Usually I can google exactly what I need, but I don't know if this is just too old of a model for parts to be available, or what.
Thanks for any help!

Why not just reseal the cylinder?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Scroll through to make sure your rod size matches.

Why not just reseal the cylinder?

Do you have a youtube video or reference on how to do that? My husband is a really good mechanic and did something last year to keep it going, but said it needs to be replaced now. I will ask him what he did. I really appreciate the link -will check and measure this weekend to see if that will work for us. Appreciate it!

You can re-seal the cylinder. It's not hard. if you'd like to buy a replacemnt though you should check with drilling or heavy equipment companies close to you. They throw cylinders away all the time.

You might check with Speeco. It appears they made your splitter. They supposedly made all TSC splitters up until a couple years ago. Ours is yellow but starting to wear down to the red Speeco paint. I googled your splitter number and found this. Speeco may have a better price or a cylinder rebuild kit.

Not sure if it helps or not, but when I was debating whether to get a new hydraulic cylinder or buy a new splitter I found the prices at surpluscenter.com were pretty good.

Not sure if it helps or not, but when I was debating whether to get a new hydraulic cylinder or buy a new splitter I found the prices at surpluscenter.com were pretty good.

That surplus center is a cool site! Looks like I should be able to find something there. Love the multiple search options to narrow things down.

We ended up buying a new splitter from TSC as we do sell firewood and needed to have something going since this is our busy time. We still want to repair the other and I have watched a bunch of youtube videos, but nothing to show how to open the dang cylinder we have, lol. There is 1 short (maybe 1/2") screw on the left side that comes out, but there is nothing else I can see that allows you to unscrew the rod from the cylinder. Is there a special tool to do it??? The new splitter has 2 screws which I think would give you torque.

Thanks y'all for all the help so far! We'd like to get this splitter fixed to have a backup, or even a second to run when our son gets a little older!