Husky 51 clutch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

baseroom

Feeling the Heat
Nov 18, 2014
Rochester
OK I should know this..... I was changing bar and chain on the 51. I looped the chain over the clutch and saw another small "disc" around the sprocket. I couldn't remember if I put the chain on that ..or next to it! Well did it wrong the forst time after that looped it onto it and worked fine. What is that added piece called and what is it's function?

>>>>>and I figured it out. Its the rim sprocket. Chain goes on it. Allows change frome .325 to 3/8 if needed/wanted. Every once and a while I learn something!!

Plus once it is wore you can buy just a rim drive instead of the clutch cover sprocket...

Plus once it is wore you can buy just a rim drive instead of the clutch cover sprocket...
How do you know when the rim sprocket starts to wear!?

When the chain gets stuck in the wood too much... P2110029.JPG

Yup
He asked when to replace ..
That is just my reason for replacement .. ;)