Husqvarna 295XP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Medic21

Minister of Fire
Feb 26, 2017
Northern Indiana
395XP. auto correct screwed that’s up. Anyone have one. Trying to decide between that and a Stihl 088. Never handled one but absolutely loved the 562 I demo’d A couple weeks ago.

I’ve had Husky before, not pro saw, and never been disappointed with their products. Looking for any drawbacks or anything else that would steer me away from them.

Great smooth running saw. My only dislike is the front chain tensioner. Some dislike the outboard clutch, never has bothered me.

What are your plans for it?

395XP. auto correct screwed that’s up. Anyone have one. Trying to decide between that and a Stihl 088. Never handled one but absolutely loved the 562 I demo’d A couple weeks ago.

I’ve had Husky before, not pro saw, and never been disappointed with their products. Looking for any drawbacks or anything else that would steer me away from them.

The 395 is an out dated old tech saw. For the money spent on this size saw I’d go Stihl. The Stihl equivalent is an 6xx saw. Stihl 661 is most advanced version obviously. And no I’m not a Stihl fan. I’m a Swedish saw fan Husky and Jonsered especially from 50cc to 70cc. But bigger than 70cc I’d go with Stihl.

Just my opinion. I’ve run both. Own a very old Stihl 056 that still kicks ass. But every saw I use is Jonsered or Husky

The two saws you are comparing is an apples to oranges situation.
Stihl 880/088 is comparable to the Husky 3120
Husky 395 is like the Stihl 660/661The 661 being the latest and greatest.
A big 880 is good for milling or stumping,but not so great for all day use,think heavy.And to get the best performance out of a 880 it needs help.