Husqvarna 562 XP?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this thread is a year old and a lot more data is in regarding the 562's.

A pretty fair # of these have come back to the saw shop blown up. The air filtration and amount of debris getting past the filter is appalling. Bearings are living a very short life and a small # of the saw have a dreaded "hesitation issue".

Mine is starting the hesitation thing. Coming off idle after many bucking cuts the saw will just die. Did it 10 times the other day.

Ugh, sorry to hear.

Any ideas out there / new filters to help improve the function of the air filter?

Ugh, sorry to hear.

Any ideas out there / new filters to help improve the function of the air filter?

This is the intake horn on my 562XPG. I took some debris out to show how much is in there.

k9w769.jpg

My 550XPG:

2cn77gy.jpg

Dug out of air filter. Grease was unsuccessfully used to try and abate debris infiltration.

fkqipt.jpg

This is the intake horn on my 562XPG. I took some debris out to show how much is in there.

Dug out of air filter. Grease was unsuccessfully used to try and abate debris infiltration.

I noticed a bunch of debris getting past the filter on my 555 too. Looks like the same or similar setup Hmm.

Thanks

Try a high paraffin grease.
I have seen the same problem on several saws and if you can find a thick enough grease it is a night and day difference.

Is there anything from the factory (or aftermarket) to improve the fit of the filter?

Try a high paraffin grease.
I have seen the same problem on several saws and if you can find a thick enough grease it is a night and day difference.

One should not have to be greasing the fitting between the air horn and filter on any saw, let alone a pro grade one.

Reactions: CrufflerJJ and pen
Is there anything from the factory (or aftermarket) to improve the fit of the filter?

There needs to be an O ring in the assembly to tighten it up.

Shouldn't have to "Yes" but, its a better option than the alternative.

But there isn't any way to install one. With the shape of the intake horn, it would have to have a groove molded in and the horn and filter modified.

I am going to the saw shop today and will have the 550 & 562 re-flashed. Might send one or both down the road. Glad I bought the fuel offer to get the 4 year warranty.

I hope to get my 372XPG back together after we press in new bearings today and install new piston that was ruined when bearing race let go.

Prior to cleaning, 2nd pic is ruined piston, not the top.

nwac0z.jpg

nednxl.jpg

Reactions: pen
But there isn't any way to install one. With the shape of the intake horn, it would have to have a groove molded in and the horn and filter modified.

If you do keep the saw.
I have also made gaskets in place w/ silicone and petroleum jelly.
Take the silicone and apply a small amount in the groove of the horn where the filter sits then cover the contact area of the filter w/ petroleum jelly and lightly sit it in place until it stiffens up then remove and let it dry the rest of the way. You need to be very conservative w/ the silicone when you do this but I have had luck w/ this on things other than saws(like earlier stated I use a high paraffin grease on all saws as extra insurance to keep out impurities.)
I know this has got to be very aggravating as the saw is a pro series saw and costs as such!

I had a 455 Rancher, and my buddy let me borrow his 562XP. I decided to tackle a 4' box elder with it, which is equivalent to cutting concrete.

In the time it took my dad to cut a 1' diameter limb with the 455, I cut through the 4' trunk of the tree, and that was cutting on both sides. Both saws newly sharpened, running full chisel.

After that day, I sold my Rancher and ordered a 562xp. Virtually the same weight, almost 35% more power. No comparison. I'll never own a home owner saw again.

If you do keep the saw.
I have also made gaskets in place w/ silicone and petroleum jelly.
Take the silicone and apply a small amount in the groove of the horn where the filter sits then cover the contact area of the filter w/ petroleum jelly and lightly sit it in place until it stiffens up then remove and let it dry the rest of the way. You need to be very conservative w/ the silicone when you do this but I have had luck w/ this on things other than saws(like earlier stated I use a high paraffin grease on all saws as extra insurance to keep out impurities.)
I know this has got to be very aggravating as the saw is a pro series saw and costs as such!

Well I was at the saw shop today. The 550XPG & 562XPG were updated with the new computer programs., (4th edition)

FWIW, the 550 had 16 hours and 40 minutes of run time and 562 had over 10 hours. It's hard to guess in your head how much time is on them. However I run other saws too so the amount of time is divied up between them. It's really cold out today and I didn't feel like it but tomorrow I'll go out and cut up the logs by the wood pile and it will allow the computers to recaliberate the run parameters.

Interesting note, the 550 ran 55% of the time at WOT and max speed on last run was 14,028 RPM.

For an experiment we installed an o ring in the filter. It fit very tight when installed. I hear a new intake horn and filter may be in the works.

Reactions: TreePointer

k9w769.jpg

My 550XPG:

2cn77gy.jpg

fkqipt.jpg

Just a thought Bandit. If debris is in the filter then the filter is the cause not the connection with the horn.

I did a fair amount of cutting with the 562 cutting firewood. The O ring did nothing to stop the dirt ingestion issue.:mad:

The only thing making me keep the 550 and 562 is the heated handles at this point. I am really starting to like the pre X torq 3xx and 2xx series XP's now.

No excuse for improper filtration IMHO. It should be one of the first things Husky would have checked during testing. Im going to have to pull the cover off my 562 and see if their is any dirt in the throttle body.

Hopefully Husky sees this and comes up with a fix. Or somebody like K&N comes up with something better.

Just noticed when googling that a couple years back Husky released an improved filter mount. PN 505 127 003. No time to dig into this right now (see if I got the improved version), but Im leaving this here for future reference;)

Last edited:
Weird....I just bought a 562xp March 3rd and on my third tank of premix for the extra warranty it started acting funny...it started dying at idle and losing power during a cut. It finally died and wouldn't restart....took it a local husky dealer and they told me it was ran with straight gas. They told me the piston is all scored up. Total BS in my opinion.....I doubt the premix was the problem . Same dealer told me they were junk when I took it there, and they didn't "need" the computer to work on it.?????hmmm....shoulda been my first and second clues about them. Picking it up on Monday and will try a different dealer. I bet the saw doesn't have 10 hours on it and will not run at all. Turns over freely though. Very frustrated at this point.

Weird....I just bought a 562xp March 3rd and on my third tank of premix for the extra warranty it started acting funny...it started dying at idle and losing power during a cut. It finally died and wouldn't restart....took it a local husky dealer and they told me it was ran with straight gas. They told me the piston is all scored up. Total BS in my opinion.....I doubt the premix was the problem . Same dealer told me they were junk when I took it there, and they didn't "need" the computer to work on it.?????hmmm....shoulda been my first and second clues about them. Picking it up on Monday and will try a different dealer. I bet the saw doesn't have 10 hours on it and will not run at all. Turns over freely though. Very frustrated at this point.

What did you find out about your 562XP? Did they cover the repair under warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.