Hybrid wood/pellet stoves in the usa

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Schneider 1492

Oct 6, 2023
California
I've been looking at hybrid stoves from Europe for a few years now and I really like the idea of being able to light and have a fire with wood but then have the stove automatically switch to pellet as the fire starts burning out and maintain that with thermostat when I'm not here to keep it up. I can't seem to find any dealers in the US. I've contacted a few of the companies that make him sell these in Europe and they say they don't sell to the US because they're not EPA approved. Is there any place where I can get one of these in the US.?

interesting concept i had to look this one up... The one i seen i could say their would be nothing but issues with the auger system jamming up, not to mention they do not seem to be set up for constant wood use at least i would not use them for that.. but thats just me.. I could definitely see EPA having issues approving that

Liberator rocket stove, made in Ohio