I am just curious Harman TL300 owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

Do you like your stove? I ordered one and can't wait to get that sexy beast and be warm again and want to hear your experiences with it good or bad.

Thanks all
Pete

i bought the oakleaf and so far i am very happy. i wish i would have done more research about 'seasoned' wood before i got it, so i would have more this year. i am good for next year though

Your gonna love the way you can pack the wood in with that top load door right up to the top,something that almost impossible with a front door only. But make sure you learn how to get that afterburn started or you will send a lot of creosote up your chimney on low air levels if its not going. Easy way(but not the only way) to tell is make a tunnel in the wood so you can see the entrance of the fire dome. You will learn a lot more about the stove here than your dealer in general unless your dealer happens to own and operate this very stove.

Once you get the hang of getting a good coal bed established, it will crank out the heat, as long as you are burning DRY wood. Hope you got the grill, too!

I don't have one but, I was at my local stove shop last week and the owners had a new one on the floor burning. The stove had the entire showroom heated and heated well showroom my guess 2000 sq. feet. Nice looking unit they just started carrying them. Good luck with yours.

I'd ask and look into the life and replacement costs of the afterburner assembly.

Todd
I actually went to 3 places who where using it ( not dealers ) I was very impressed with the stove. When we bought it I checked the afterburner cost at 300 most places and lasts between 4 & 6 years. The blaze king at was 500 and the cat lasts 10 years. I do feel the Blaze king is a better stove however they want way to much around me for it and I only have so much money for a stove at this point. My take on the afterburner is even if I have to replace it every year I would be ok with that it is way cheaper than paying 450 a month for gas in the winter.

Pete

I think this model stove is only in production a few years so how would they know how long it lasts?

To clarify the time frame on the after burner was from Harman not the users. I am acctually looking forward to the top load as well seasoned oak that will be a nice change of pace.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.