I am thinnking about buying a US Stove model 5500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zen_fire

Sep 4, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I am thinking about buying a Ashley King model 5500 (US Stove company). Does anybody out there have one of those, or knows anybody who has it. I would like to read some comments about their experience with it.

It seems very affordable, but I can't find any information about this stove or its company outside the maker's and the representative company's website.

So, does anybody knows anything about this stove's quality?

:)

zen_fire said:
I am thinking about buying a Ashley King model 5500 (US Stove company). Does anybody out there have one of those, or knows anybody who has it. I would like to read some comments about their experience with it.

It seems very affordable, but I can't find any information about this stove or its company outside the maker's and the representative company's website.

So, does anybody knows anything about this stove's quality?

:)
is this a pellet stove

I would post this under The Pellet Mill and Corn Crib you will get more replys

I have just bought one as my second pellet stove.
I thought the price was unbeatable...so I ordered it.
I havent installed it yet...so I can hardly give an opinion on it yet.

Please, let me know how it goes.

And, also, how did you transport it? It is pretty heavy. Did you have anybody helping you?

Are you hiring someone to install it?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Its sitting in my garage at the moment.
Its was trucked in and I had to pick it up locally.
its about 300 lbs..not light.
My brother and My self will be installing it.
We installed my first one as well, and I wanted a second one because my small house is
not open and it takes cranking the living room up to 85 to get the bedrooms warm, and I want to try to even that out some
and I believe I can get by using less pellets this way also.
It came on a skid and it seems ruggedly built..but I havent even looked at the manual yet (inside stove).

no..if they do curbside..it costs extra for them to bring a truck with a lift gate on it (about another 125 bucks).
if u have a truck you can go pick it up and they will fork it onto your truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.