I bet next year this forum will be extremely busy....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Must come with age.... I never spend money I don't have, I don't like credit and don't like payments either. My wife calls me cheap, I call myself thrifty.

I’ve always been that way. Learned from how I was raised. No woman I have been with has agreed. But I’d rather be alone than be broke for frivolous reasons.

Amy (my wife) is actually as thrifty as I am which is why we have what we have monetarily and physically.

I'm to the point where I worked hard all my life and squirreled away my money, invested it wisely and now if I want something, I buy it. Problem is, my 'wants' are limited now.

Was kicking around a new buggy the other day, I sure like the new Corvettes, especially the Z-06 model but I'll probably wait and buy a new Bronco full size. The 'vette' won't play well on a dirt road. the Bronco will.

Amy just bought a new Suburban LTZ. it's a bus. What she wanted and what she bought and no payment book either. Of course it stays in the garage and she drives her beater because she don't want it getting dirty....lol. I figure when her beater falls apart she'll start driving the 'Burb'...maybe. Probably buy another beater instead.

Me, I have lots of things to drive to choose from as it is. I own 4 motorcycles, a 1 ton diesel pickup truck and a 4 year old Ford Focus ST pocket rocket but the Focus is getting too hard to get into and out of. Tough getting old. Besides, owning a pocket Rocket isn't in keeping with my 'senior citizen' mantra. Sure is fun to drive though and it blows off 9 out of 10 wannabe cars too. Have to drive it discreetly though. it's a cop magnet....lol...

Must come with age.... I never spend money I don't have, I don't like credit and don't like payments either. My wife calls me cheap, I call myself thrifty.
Sounds like me but I am told I am tight
tight as a ducks ass and that's watertight ::-)

I like roast duck myself. Long Island Roast duck....

;)Yeah i have heard a phrase used in our house started with F and ended with ER and something about bark and a tree.

Reactions: Washed-Up