I did it !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

KrisP

Aug 9, 2019
Pennsylvania
Got the insert in and the liner hooked up , just have to do a final secure of the connections on the roof and time to fire it up!
kinda nervous since I’ve never had an inside stove/insert .... I keep second guessing that I did it all correctly hah

Attachments

• 7EE07AEE-9C3B-44A4-88DC-7CC33B3B2C19.jpeg
    7EE07AEE-9C3B-44A4-88DC-7CC33B3B2C19.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 232
  • 2EBBECAC-EA53-4CFB-8440-F95998692310.jpeg
    2EBBECAC-EA53-4CFB-8440-F95998692310.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 231
  • AC40DCC3-56B0-4311-9978-B23474A87FFE.jpeg
    AC40DCC3-56B0-4311-9978-B23474A87FFE.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 246
Got the insert in and the liner hooked up , just have to do a final secure of the connections on the roof and time to fire it up!
kinda nervous since I’ve never had an inside stove/insert .... I keep second guessing that I did it all correctly hah

Nice work man, looks very professional, and will throw some heat. What type of insert is it? The only thing I would add, is some sort of an ash rug in front of the stove, you will get poppers that spit out of the stove when opened.

Reactions: Beer Belly
Clean!

Lookin good. It's only missing one thing. FIRE !! :ZZZ

Reactions: paredown
Well first fire was a fail, filled my house with smoke ..... do I have to create a draft ? I can feel the cold air blowing in through the liner
Here’s pics of the top

Attachments

• 21521049-93DC-4478-9323-F5FFB1851B92.jpeg
    21521049-93DC-4478-9323-F5FFB1851B92.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 123
Despite friends and family telling me to just buy an insert and we DIY install I am too nervous. This thread isn't helping. Looks great hope you figure out your issue and it is a simple fix.

Is this a basement install?

Draft can be a problem when the temp is not that cold. Roll up a piece of newspaper and make a newspaper "torch" see if that will get a draft moving. What is the temp in PA now? If you sill get smoke, try cracking the door open a bit, sometimes that will help.

Despite friends and family telling me to just buy an insert and we DIY install I am too nervous. This thread isn't helping. Looks great hope you figure out your issue and it is a simple fix.
I have never done one before this and it honsetly wasnt bad at all, my smoke issue was just a draft issue because ive never had an indoor fireplace/stove. its running now beautifully. Just read read read and ask questions.

Draft can be a problem when the temp is not that cold. Roll up a piece of newspaper and make a newspaper "torch" see if that will get a draft moving. What is the temp in PA now? If you sill get smoke, try cracking the door open a bit, sometimes that will help.
its in the 40s right now, once i ran a hairdryer in there it all worked out.

its in the 40s right now, once i ran a hairdryer in there it all worked out.

A propane torch can work well too, MAPP gas even better. When it's really cold you shouldn't have this problem.