I found a picture of the OWB AC has issues with

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

AC, Anti Cancer from burring issues lives near an OWB, with some investigative reporting, I was able to discover the Boiler in question

Attachments

• I found a picture of the OWB AC has issues with
    BK150ELRG.gif
    49 KB · Views: 428
When I had one of those it was the most smoke free stove I ever owned. Burned so hot that smoke didn't have a prayer of surviving to make it up the chimeny.

Corie since you have returned from Reno, what is the scoop concerning Vogelzang? Did they offer you a job?

Like I said I did some investigation reporting. Since I know it not legal to install inside a home, therefore it must be made for outside usage. Actually usfafe for any use

elkimmeg said:
Like I said I did some investigation reporting. Since I know it not legal to install inside a home, therefore it must be made for outside usage. Actually usfafe for any use

The Corvair of wood stoves!!

Slowzuki:
That sure looks like a barrel stove not an OWB. Am I missing something? The only reason I can figure someone has a barrel stove outside is to burn trash.

Nagghh...This is a redneck chimenea...."If you go shopping for a chimenea...at the loading dock for the rendering plant...you might be a redneck"

keyman512us said:
."If you go shopping for a chimenea...at the loading dock for the rendering plant...you might be a redneck"

IF you pick one up there, all you'd have to do is stick a wick in it, and I'm sure it'll burn a long time!

slowzuki said:
That sure looks like a barrel stove not an OWB. Am I missing something? The only reason I can figure someone has a barrel stove outside is to burn trash.

Since the abbreviation "OWB" was not defined on first use, the writer is assuming all readers know what was meant or that they can infer such from the rest of the document.

So in this case OWB must be "outdoor wood burner".

That's actually an OCB - Outdoor Crap Burner

I think usually OWB means "Outdoor Wood Boiler"

But that thing does not look like a boiler, just a crap burner as Corie said.

I've noticed in my HF catalogs that Vogelzang is now offering an "EPA II CERTIFIED" stove in addition to their other "EPA Exempt" models - don't know if it is UL certified or just "tested to UL Standards" or if the quality is any better - fairly decent looking unit though, the basic "black box w/ a window in front" top vent, etc. Price was not bad, but I don't know if they've gotten any better on quality.

Gooserider

keyman512us - 29 March 2007 01:50 PM
."If you go shopping for a chimenea...at the loading dock for the rendering plant...you might be a redneck”

IF you pick one up there, all you’d have to do is stick a wick in it, and I’m sure it’ll burn a long time

"If you stick a wick in a half a barrell of waste you got from the rendering plant...and call it citronella candle...you might be a redneck"

...."If the only thing keeping you from running an OWB...is the fact you can't find a radiator in the yard that will hold water to put into your vogelganz barrel stove....you might be a redneck"

Edit Got the wrong quote somehow.
Code:
[quote=BeGreen]That's actually an OCB - Outdoor Crap Burner[/quote]

jtp10181 said:
I think usually OWB means "Outdoor Wood Boiler"

But that thing does not look like a boiler, just a crap burner as Corie said.

Yes but I have often wondered why so many people have the need to boil wood. ;)

velvetfoot said:
The Corvair got a bum rap.

Yeah it did. Eveybody beats up on Detroit for not getting on the economy car bandwagon soon enough but every time they tried to in the sixties they got the crap kicked out of them for it.

There were a lot of reliable compact car successes in the 60's, but America kept shoving bigger engines in them until they became muscle cars. ie: Ford Falcon, Buick Skylark (Olds Cutlass, Pontiac LeMans). The Plymouth Valiant and the Dodge Dart were legendary tough small cars.

LeMans -> GTO
Valiant -> Barracuda
Cutlass -> 442

Status
Not open for further replies.