I got the sassafras blues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other thing that you can think about when measuring a cord (and then I will get off my soapbox) is each time it is tacked there may be a 10% varience. So lets say they were 10% over and you wre 10% under, 20% less than 3 is 2.4 and you said 2.33. Give the Scouts a break and remember its for a good cause.

Reactions: osagebow
ash 403, I love Mullberry, snap crackles and pops, but burns HOT! It is a primary succession tree here like red cedar and sassafras, but I love it for the burn (yellow wood is cool too). One of the highest on the BTu charts, and it is a junk tree!

Have some mulberry on the menu now. Wife just got sparked a bit ago as she was adding a few splits. ;lol she let out a nice whoop!
Love the stuff. Similar tree to hedgeapple, Even makes a good bow.

I understand your frustration BCC, with the cookies (Mr. Bow) and the wood. Flagging them? That one is a classic. Their just trying to get their wood badge for gods sake. Wait, no wood badge, oh yea never was a boyscout.

No frustration with the cookies or any other fundraiser -quite the opposite! Being a little facetious about the girl scouts - their cookies sell better than our popcorn.
This post actually has me thinking of doing a firewood fundraiser with my boy's scout troop.

Maybe we should start a boy scout thread something tells me that we have a lot of former boy scout pyros here :)

I'm an Eagle Scout Class of 2001 and an OA Vigil Honor Member

Reactions: osagebow
Status
Not open for further replies.