i guess the wood splitting was worth it

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

iron

Minister of Fire
Sep 23, 2015
southeast kootenays
upload_2019-1-15_21-31-28.png

we have a 1979 house. i wouldn't classify it as airtight by any stretch. r-11 walls. r-50ish roofs.

I get that too, didnt think the wood stove as the culprit.

Is that from PUD? Or PSE?

We have all electric heat in my neighborhood. There are no natural gas lines. Using the wood stove makes my bill look like that too. We consume way less electricity than the neighbors.

I fear that they will think my electrical usage pattern is too flat. We're all electric and in the winter use pretty much the same power as in the summer. They might think I'm growing a ton of weed in my barn.

I fear that they will think my electrical usage pattern is too flat. We're all electric and in the winter use pretty much the same power as in the summer. They might think I'm growing a ton of weed in my barn.

Super easy to tell if your growing. No hiding exactly 12 hours on and exactly 12 hours off at the exact same time everyday. Smart meters kill indoor growers in non legal areas.

Super easy to tell if your growing. No hiding exactly 12 hours on and exactly 12 hours off at the exact same time everyday. Smart meters kill indoor growers in non legal areas.

I’m obviously not very experienced with it!

Reactions: MAD MARK
Never thought of that........are the utility records public information? Do police need probable cause or can they just obtain utility records and look for patterns? Just curious........

Never thought of that........are the utility records public information? Do police need probable cause or can they just obtain utility records and look for patterns? Just curious........

Probably all depends on the local laws. PG&E customers can look at their personal usage online. A graph showing power usage from 8 thousand watt lights kicking on at exactly 10: 06 pm and turning off at exactly 10:06 am 7 days a week is not hard to find.

Probably all depends on the local laws. PG&E customers can look at their personal usage online. A graph showing power usage from 8 thousand watt lights kicking on at exactly 10: 06 pm and turning off at exactly 10:06 am 7 days a week is not hard to find.
With LED grow lights getting more common the usage should go way down for growers. Also, with all the legit crimes happening in the country daily I’d be pretty pissed if the electric company narced me out for growing a plant that should have never been made illegal to begin with.

With LED grow lights getting more common the usage should go way down for growers. Also, with all the legit crimes happening in the country daily I’d be pretty pissed if the electric company narced me out for growing a plant that should have never been made illegal to begin with.

I am sure the power companies wouldn't turn someone in for using too much power.

Last edited:

Now I know why smart meters exist.