I have a 5502M and am having issues.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Meltshaw

Jan 30, 2018
New York
First the auger stopped working and replaced the pressure valve and the auger started to work again, Will doing this I shorted the circuit board and have replaced that and know the room fan will not work, its not the fan causing the problem. The off and on switch is not functioning as well they shut off will the pellets are still burning. There must be a sensor somewhere not working the schematic in the manual is ambigues at best, Can anyone help

The fan doesn’t really have an on-off switch. Going by the wire diagram for your stove there is no snap disc’s. The pof (proof of fire) is done with a thermistor and your convection fan will be controlled by it to. Check the thermistor connections and make sure the one on the stove end is clean and tight, the one on your board is snug and makes a good connection. The thermister may have been damaged in the short!

The fan doesn’t really have an on-off switch. Going by the wire diagram for your stove there is no snap disc’s. The pof (proof of fire) is done with a thermistor and your convection fan will be controlled by it to. Check the thermistor connections and make sure the one on the stove end is clean and tight, the one on your board is snug and makes a good connection. The thermister may have been damaged in the short!
Where is this item and any idea what it looks like, I have a digital manual

Last edited by a moderator:
18AA93B8-05E3-454F-A4AD-1EC4865FB91F.png
Something like this

First the auger stopped working and replaced the pressure valve and the auger started to work again, Will doing this I shorted the circuit board and have replaced that and know the room fan will not work, its not the fan causing the problem. The off and on switch is not functioning as well they shut off will the pellets are still burning. There must be a sensor somewhere not working the schematic in the manual is ambigues at best, Can anyone help
not sure if you got it fixed but going through same thing with my 5500m.have you reset everything and tried it.hold aux. up and down same time for 3 sec. and then wait 30 min and try again