I MISS MY PELLET STOVE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

khpony

Sep 28, 2019
Rociada, NM
Haven't been on here for quite a while. September 2021 we bought a PELPRO PP130 pellet stove and replaced our wood stove. What an upgrade to say the least. I'm mid 70's and wood had become to laborous and messy. Everything was great until April 22, 2022 when our house burned to the ground in the North Central New Mexico forest fires started by the forest service in a controlled burn that ended up destroying 1000 plus homes. A week ago we closed on a house in the northern mountains of New Mexico. Has a one year old wood stove and we thought it would be nice to burn with wood again. That good feeling lasted one week. We'll get buy with it until it's no longer heating season and replace it with another PELPRO wood stove. Adding 1 1/2 bags of pellets every 2-3 days and cleaning once a week is so much easier than the mess wood makes. If any one is considering changing to a pellet stove I would strongly recommend it. For me it made life so much easier at 74! Just my .02 worth. Hope everyone has a great day!

Reactions: EbS-P and Prometeo
I 2nd that. Switched from Blaze King King to Harmon XXV in 2018. Don't miss all the mess or work. Tripped on this small pile of bucked up logs and tore up my shoulder. Should have had wife move it out of the way with tractor. Pellets so much easier. If I get feeble I can get 20lb bags of pellets. Cleanup is breeze compared to hot ashes and dirty chimney.

IMG_0447.JPG

At my previous house we had a wood stove, which I was happy with.

When I bought this house I didn't have a good place for firewood, plus there are termites in the swampy area next door, so went with a pellet stove. Couldn't be happier - no mess, no bugs, no mice living in the stacks (and their accompanying smell) - even when pellets are stored outside. Heating the house continuously instead of only when I'm there to tend the fire is perfect. even better is the awesome temperature control that only involves me setting a thermostat temp and letting it do its thing.

Okay, it would have been nice to have a wood stove when I was without power for several days. However, the options that I employed overcame that little hurdle.

Yes I can see us burning wood 3-4 more times then we'll be done. End of May I'll have the 2 young guys I use for heavy stuff come and pull it out. I can clean the entire area good and get ready for the pellet stove. Ah, progress!!

Yes I can see us burning wood 3-4 more times then we'll be done. End of May I'll have the 2 young guys I use for heavy stuff come and pull it out. I can clean the entire area good and get ready for the pellet stove. Ah, progress!!
Good luck! Come back and let us know how it goes!

Well I got the stove going great except for the pellets. When I bought the PelPro at Tractor Supply I picked up 8 bags of pellets to hold me over until my order of Penningtons Oak Pellets get delivered which happened today. Big mistake! TS pellets are soft and has way too many fines. In 5 days they completely gummed up the stove. Cleaned it out today and mixed in a bag of oak pellets. I'll let it burn down then load with 3 bags of oak pellets. Never had this problem before and I'll never buy another bag of TS pellets again. Just a n ote on my experience so far. This is the 2nd PP130 I've owned and thoroughly love it. Just my 02.