I need a pellet review please.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trobb

Nov 24, 2009
N.Ky.
Around here I have 2 options for pellets...
Somersets or American Wood Fiber
It's a $5 difference between the 2 per ton but I've never burnt AWF.
Any thoughts?

Buy a couple bags and try. Pellets act different in various stoves. Better get something, sending down a brief cold snap. 12 degrees this AM, supposed to be 8 tomorrow. I sure when it gets down there it will put frost on everything. When I was in a store in Shepardsville I think they had cherry pits. Been a couple years since I was there. Hope to be back in spring.

both are pretty good. get a couple of each to see which you like better.

I vote for the Somersets. But your stove will burn different brands differently. Try before you buy a ton. I have 3 ton of AWF. I like the pellets but the fines in the bottoms of the bag are more than other brands I've burned.

What stove are you running?

You want a review of wood pellets? Just leave a bag of each at my front door and I'll get back to you in 2-3 days tops with my unbiased review :p

Both are good pellets. Somersets burn a little better for me, but the AWF are a nice pellet as well. Try 5 bags of each, take some readings, and let us know how it went!

Status
Not open for further replies.