i need pellet stove insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ftrooper56

Jan 13, 2018
no. wis
i have gambreled 2nd floor i building and i came up with this idea that i could recess a pellet stove on top of a small dumb waiter on a side wall.that way i wouldnt loose any floor space. can anyone tell me about a front loading, hoppered stove with blower,or an insert stove thats taller than its wide ive got 48 in. to play with and 36 in. of depth at 3ft high. i would,nt p and m ,if it stuck out 9 in well thanks and ill be looking forward to an answer. g man signing off from northern wis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quadrafire used to sell a zero-clearance flush mounted pellet stove "fireplace", it was called the "Edge 60". It was basically the guts of the Mt Vernon model. It was about $6000 new, and they did not sell very many. You might be able to find a used one cheap

There are a number of inserts that can be mounted as a zero clearance install. but how is it to be vented? Quadrafire, Harman or Enviro, Breckwell I believe they all can be wall mounted with their zc kits and clearances adhered to...