i phone advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
Lost my prior smartphone several yrs ago..
i would like to have an older used Apple.. is version 4 too old..? it would be a prepaid sims card and would only occ use it.. while we are driving to another town and I want to check out say CL stuff in that town???
prev I paid $2 a day saying buying a 10 dollar prepaid card
would yall trust Ebay and buy it unlocked or have it unlocked???

I would look at the Ebay reviews of the seller. Usually you can follow the seller link to their store and see how legitimate they are.

I can't really comment on Iphones because I have never owned one. I get Galaxy Androids.

I believe a version 5 or 6 will run the current OS. You should look what memory they have. I retired a version 5 because it had only 8 gig. I now have a 6 with 64 gig. I gave my old one to my wife. She has service on it without data. Any WiFI connection allows it to access the internet.

Reactions: rhkirk1
Lost my prior smartphone several yrs ago..
i would like to have an older used Apple.. is version 4 too old..? it would be a prepaid sims card and would only occ use it.. while we are driving to another town and I want to check out say CL stuff in that town???
prev I paid $2 a day saying buying a 10 dollar prepaid card
would yall trust Ebay and buy it unlocked or have it unlocked???
My wife has a 4S. It still works great and does the same basic job of a modern phone. Screen is a bit smaller, but still completely usable. It would be fine for the use you describe. We run one OS behind the current OS. No problems and less overhead.

It'll take many years to know the cumulative health effects of being exposed to transmissions from the proliferation of wireless devices which have become necessities of modern life. But so far the convenience outweighs any known negatives.

Greg