I Think I'm Ready..... (And A Great Wood Score)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

toddnic

Minister of Fire
Jul 13, 2013
North Carolina
I have around 8 to 9 cords that have been cut, split, and stacked for between 1 to 3 years now. And, a neighbor just had a locust tree that was blown down in the hurricane, and a huge maple that he is taking down. Pics are of the overall woodpile and today's score. I think that my wife is ready to beat me in my wood gathering craze but, I must say that there is something therapeutic about getting a great wood score and beginning the process of C/S/S it. 20171102_181048.jpg 20171102_181117.jpg 20171102_181134.jpg 20171102_181204.jpg

I have around 8 to 9 cords that have been cut, split, and stacked for between 1 to 3 years now. And, a neighbor just had a locust tree that was blown down in the hurricane, and a huge maple that he is taking down. Pics are of the overall woodpile and today's score. I think that my wife is ready to beat me in my wood gathering craze but, I must say that there is something therapeutic about getting a great wood score and beginning the process of C/S/S it.View attachment 211667 View attachment 211745 View attachment 211880 View attachment 211881

Looks great. If you tell your wife you will sell her racing green MG (if that is what I saw in the garage), she will keep quiet for a while.

Looks great. If you tell your wife you will sell her racing green MG (if that is what I saw in the garage), she will keep quiet for a while.
I didn't see a garage picture or a green mg. Are you lurking around the place again, Jan?

Looking good. Do you always leave stacks uncovered? I'm starting to wish I left all mine uncovered this past summer and just tarp around now or right before winter. Can't quite tell if it helps or hinders seasoning having the top tarped. The neighbor claims it holds moisture in, yet he tarps his stacks completely blocking any type of air flow...

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
Looking good. Do you always leave stacks uncovered? I'm starting to wish I left all mine uncovered this past summer and just tarp around now or right before winter. Can't quite tell if it helps or hinders seasoning having the top tarped. The neighbor claims it holds moisture in, yet he tarps his stacks completely blocking any type of air flow...
I have some metal roofing that I had taken off that you don't see in the picture while I was processing the wood and reworking stacks. I normally cover the wood that I will be using for the current winter sometime in August or September.

It is completely therapeutic. We take things that are completely worthless in their current state, and through our own effort, create stacks of beauty and utility. And like a sand sculpture on a beach, that work of art is temporary.

It is completely therapeutic. We take things that are completely worthless in their current state, and through our own effort, create stacks of beauty and utility. And like a sand sculpture on a beach, that work of art is temporary.
You sir have that incurable disease

Reactions: Soundchasm
You sir have that incurable disease

That is one of the nicest things you can say to somebody (here, at least!)!!! :cool::cool:

I have no intention of getting "better"! ;lol

That is one of the nicest things you can say to somebody (here, at least!)!!! :cool::cool:

I have no intention of getting "better"! ;lol
doctor "I need three log truck loads stat!" EMT "hang in there buddy, we'll get those chainsaw chains sharpened" nurse "it will be a miracle is he gets that split all in one day, I don't this he's going to make it"

doctor "I need three log truck loads stat!" EMT "hang in there buddy, we'll get those chainsaw chains sharpened" nurse "it will be a miracle is he gets that split all in one day, I don't this he's going to make it"

"Bones, how's that Ash tree?" "He's standing dead, Jim."

Reactions: redktmrider
"Bones, how's that Ash tree?" "He's standing dead, Jim."

Referencing Star Trek in a wood cutting forum! Its great! I might as well go to bed, the day cannot get any better!:)

"Beam us up Scottie. There isn't any dry wood down here."