Ideal Steel heatshield

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeromehdmc

Mar 1, 2009
Kansas City
I'm making a heatshield for the rear of my Ideal Steel stove. Can someone post some pictures of how the factory heatshield connects to their stove. I have planned on making 4 brackets but if there is a different way I'd like to see it.

Possibly a stupid question. Can the factory heat shield simply be installed?

Possibly a stupid question. Can the factory heat shield simply be installed?
Yes it can but I have scrap sheet metal laying around. Almost $100 vs free wins for me. Plus I like to make stuff myself when I can.

Don't know how to post a pic but mine just hangs down from the top.
As your facing front of stove right side on the back between two bolts with nuts on them mine has about 2 inch spacer and screw going in back of stove. The left side is the same just hangs down with nothing attaching the bottom..........hope that helps

Get peoples advice from here but I found this on the net...I do not know much about them..clancey

Don't know how to post a pic but mine just hangs down from the top.
As your facing front of stove right side on the back between two bolts with nuts on them mine has about 2 inch spacer and screw going in back of stove. The left side is the same just hangs down with nothing attaching the bottom..........hope that helps
Thanks. I was wondering about the bottom, couldn't see a hole that lined up good. Is your heatshield just a flat piece of seel? I made mine with a 90 degree bend so it just comes to the back of the stove on the left and right sides.

Thanks. I was wondering about the bottom, couldn't see a hole that lined up good. Is your heatshield just a flat piece of seel? I made mine with a 90 degree bend so it just comes to the back of the stove on the left and right sides.
That's what I was thinking, especially if he as access to a brake for bending the sheet metal. The standoff feet could be bent legs on the sheet.