Identify Earth Stove model

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nanotom

Apr 2, 2023
USA
We bought a home with an Earth Stove insert that was definitely put in after original construction, but we really have no idea of the actual date. Can't find a model number on it, just "The Earth Stove" logo above the firebox. Already looked through everything at woodheatstoves.com and couldn't find a match. Two glass doors with brass/gold trim, wood handles, square tiles above the blower in the hearth. Here's a photo:
earth stove.jpg

Thank you!

Did you look for a tag under the blower fan enclosure?

Searching keywords such as “Earth Stove Fireplace Insert” and “double door fireplace Insert” using Google Images usually gives good results. This pic of yours is the only one that comes up, so I’m guessing it’s a rare one.

The unique shape of the glass opening at top should identify it in a manual or old advertising ad.

Did you look for a tag under the blower fan enclosure?
Thanks for the reply! I did, couldn't find one.
Searching keywords such as “Earth Stove Fireplace Insert” and “double door fireplace Insert” using Google Images usually gives good results. This pic of yours is the only one that comes up, so I’m guessing it’s a rare one.
Yeah, I've tried all kinds of searches, descriptive and images, only found one similar with no useful info.
The unique shape of the glass opening at top should identify it in a manual or old advertising ad.
Yeah, I've noticed the same. I'm wondering if these were only out for one season or something.

Any idea when Earth Stove used wooden handles? That might help to date it...
No idea.

Here’s the only other one I’ve found. Pic was from Facebook stoves for sale Jackson Mississippi. Visiting the page doesn’t take me to the sale. Could only take a screen shot of it;

D7AB52FC-CB92-4795-993F-4AB31A0C49C1.png
The other Inserts all have angled sides with the front of Insert protruding out of the fireplace, not flat with the hearth face. At least you know it’s not another brand Insert just using the Earth Stove faceplate.

Sometimes models were made just before EPA regulations went into effect. Many were trying to pass stricter emissions as they went into effect in stages. The final stage being in 1988 that shut down many manufacturers. As an example, only 50 of the Fisher TF-88 (The Flame) was made before shutting down all operations.

Last edited: